Marina Bay District is one of the best districts in Singapore in terms of accommodation simply because of the spectacular view of the city, its famous landmarks, and the calming view of Marina Bay in the morning or at night. If you are on a tight budget, this is not a good place to stay in. The hotels around here are very expensive and usually consist of 4 or 5 star hotels only.
Marina Bay District Overview:
- Most desirable place in Singapore
- Surrounded by water
- Spectacular view of Skyscrapers and towers of the city
- This district is the center of all the “action”
- It is very accessible to the Central Business District (west), as well as the Civic District (east). You can also see the night life in Clarke Quay (north) from here.
Best Fitted For:
- Tourists with limited time and lots of money!
- Businessman or professionals working in the nearby Central Business District (CBD).
- Spectacular and scenic views
- Famous restaurants and bars
- Walking distance from major attractions such as the Merlion Park, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade Theater, and Promenade Park
- There are no budget hotels around the area
- No real ‘local’ Singaporean atmosphere
Here’s a quick overview of the famous hotels around Marina Bay District:
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore Singapore
- The Westin Singapore Singapore
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel
- Pan Pacific Singapore
- Marina Mandarin
- Conrad Centennial Singapore
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
- SO Sofitel Singapore
Ascott Raffles Place Singapore